SANTA FE, NM – Jan. 23, 2024 – The MolinaCares Accord (“MolinaCares”), in collaboration with Molina Healthcare of New Mexico (“Molina”), has served dozens of Santa Fe families in 2023 through its partnership with Many Mothers as part of the MolinaCares for Families initiative.
The MolinaCares grant has enhanced Many Mothers ability to reach monolingual Spanish speaking families by making over 200 connections to needed services. Each year, Many Mothers helps hundreds of Santa Fe families access resources to best equip them to welcome a new baby into their lives. The partnership provided in-home support, educational services for caregivers, safe sleep aids, food, diapers, infant clothing, and other essential items to give their babies a healthy start.
“This Maternal Health Awareness Day, we are proud to share the impact our partnership with Many Mothers has had on families and caregivers in Santa Fe,” said Carolyn Ingram, plan president of Molina Healthcare of New Mexico. “This grant has advanced Many Mothers’ work in breaking down language and socioeconomic barriers to improve maternal and infant health outcomes.”
MolinaCares’ grant provided the following support to families through the following Many Mothers programs and initiatives:
- Served families through the Safe Sleep (SS) program, which provides education proven to reduce sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and delivered Pack-n-Plays for mothers and caregivers.
- Provided families hands-on assistance through the Maternal Support Home Visiting Program, helping mothers and caregivers with basic needs and emotional support; 92% of participating caregivers reported feeling less stressed after receiving support services.
- Assisted families through the Baby & Maternal Needs program, which provides resources including diapers, wipes, formula, baby equipment, hygiene products, and infant medicine.
- Connected families with infant and maternal clothing, books, and toys through the Many Mothers Village Closet.
- Fed families with the Farm-to-Families organic food program, which ensures pregnant and breastfeeding moms, infants, and their families have a supply of healthy and organic meat, vegetables, and fruits.
“We strive to reduce the stress families can feel when welcoming a baby into their home so they can have a safe, healthy, and secure start,” said Kai Forsley, executive director for Many Mothers. “By providing a helping hand to new mothers, we can improve their health outcomes during that critical time after giving birth. .We are honored to partner with MolinaCares in expanding these services to meet the needs of many more growing families in the Santa Fe area.”
About The MolinaCares Accord:
Established by Molina Healthcare, Inc., The MolinaCares Accord oversees a community investment platform created to improve the health and well-being of disadvantaged populations by funding meaningful, measurable, and innovative programs and solutions that improve health, life, and living in local communities. The MolinaCares Accord funds such measures through The Molina Healthcare Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) established in 2020 by Molina Healthcare, Inc.
About Molina Healthcare of New Mexico:
Molina Healthcare, Inc., a FORTUNE 500 company (currently ranked 125), provides managed healthcare services under the Medicaid and Medicare programs and through the state insurance marketplaces. Molina Healthcare served approximately 5.2 million members as of September 30, 2023, located across 19 states. For more information about Molina Healthcare, please visit molinahealthcare.com.
About Many Mothers:
Many Mothers provides in-home services and wraparound care to achieve health equity and wellbeing for babies and their caregivers in Northern New Mexico. For more information, visit ManyMothers.org.
# # #