What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you visit Molina Healthcare’s public websites, no personal information—such as your name, date of birth or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily, such as when you complete an online form to learn more about Molina Healthcare’s health plans or other products and services.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
If you choose to provide us with personal information by completing a form on the site, emailing us, or calling the phone number for agents listed on the site, we will use that personal information to (i) respond to your question or request, (ii) communicate with you about our health care plans via email, and (iii) send information to you. If you are not a member of Molina Healthcare plan and you have questions about how we use your personal information, you may contact us at CPO.Office@MolinaHealthcare.com.
Do We Disclose Any Personal Information to Outside Parties?
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting In Our Operations.
Molina Healthcare may share your personal information under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, Molina Healthcare to provide products and services. These companies may use your personal information to assist Molina Healthcare in its operations. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances.
We may provide information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Secure Website Services
Certain online services are available to Molina Healthcare members via our Secure Website Services, such as MyMolina.com. When using such sites, you may disclose personal information to Molina Healthcare. Molina Healthcare may collect your personal information for the following:
- The Secure Website Services require a password to log in before accessing information, thus you may need to provide certain personal information so that Molina Healthcare may verify your identity;
- To use and share your personal information to provide you with your healthcare benefits or other products and services; and
- To respond to requests via email or any type of communication provided via the Secure Website Services.
Molina Healthcare complies with the requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Users of Molina Healthcare’s Secure Website Services should read Molina Healthcare’s applicable Notice of Privacy Practices, which explains in more detail how we use and disclose your protected health information. For a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices, please click on a state:
California | Florida | Idaho | Illinois | Michigan| Mississippi | New Mexico | New York | Ohio | Puerto Rico | South Carolina | Texas | Utah | Washington | Wisconsin
Users of Molina Healthcare’s Secure Website Services understand that the confidentiality of personal information is protected by federal and state law. By using Molina Healthcare’s Secure Website Services you represent to Molina Healthcare that you are either (i) the individual to whom this account pertains, or (ii) legally authorized under applicable law to receive health care information regarding, and to make healthcare decisions for, the individual to whom this account pertains (for example, as the parent, legal guardian or legal custodian of such individual).
Internet Protocol Addresses
You should also be aware that when you visit our websites, Molina Healthcare may collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with “usage data,” such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide on these websites.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like most commercial website owners, we may also use what is known as “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other information about you, such as your name or address. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
On some pages of the Molina Healthcare website there may also be use of action tags, sometimes referred to as web beacons or 1×1 pixel graphics interchange format (“GIF”) images. Such tags are used to monitor and assess the effectiveness of promotions and marketing. These tags work in combination with cookies, but do not collect or contain any personal information.
Links on the Site
Response to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, Molina Healthcare does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Children’s Privacy Protection
Under Age 13
This site is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children under 13 years of age. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13 who is not a member of Molina Healthcare plan. No one under the age of 13 should submit any personal information to Molina Healthcare or the site.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age who are not members of a Molina Healthcare plan may have the personal information that they have provided to Molina Healthcare through this site deleted by sending an email to CPO.Office@MolinaHealthcare.com requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Molina Healthcare uses reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard the information that has been collected from you via the public or Secure Website Services. Among the measures that Molina Healthcare has implemented for its websites are administrative, physical and technical safeguards. However, you should know that no web site operator, including Molina Healthcare, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. While Molina Healthcare has endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the site or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
Mail: Molina Healthcare, Inc.
Attn: Corporate Privacy Official
200 Oceangate, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90802
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Permitted Use of the Site
The information and materials on the site are provided for general informational purposes. You may use the site solely for the purposes of learning about (i) Molina Healthcare’s health plans or (ii) other Molina Healthcare products or services. You may not use, reproduce or distribute the text, graphics, downloads, tools or any other content on the site for any other purpose.
Notice; Electronic Communications
When you visit the site or send emails to Molina Healthcare, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Disclaimer – Warranty
THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MOLINA HEALTHCARE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Molina Healthcare does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Molina Healthcare does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in the site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
The information presented on our websites is not intended to constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation in connection with any service. If you are interested in any of Molina Healthcare’s services, please contact us for a complete description of the product and its availability.
Ownership, License and Restrictions on Use of Materials
This website is owned and operated by Molina Healthcare, all material contained in our websites is protected by law. All copyright, service mark and other proprietary notices must be kept intact.
Limitations of Liability
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, Molina Healthcare may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with Molina Healthcare, Molina Healthcare has no control over these linked sites, all of which may have separate terms and conditions of use, independent of Molina Healthcare. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, Molina Healthcare specifically disclaims any responsibility if such sites: (i) infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights; (ii) are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (iii) are not merchantable or fit for a particular purpose; (iv) do not provide adequate security; (v) contain viruses or other items of a destructive nature; or (vi) are libelous or defamatory.
Molina Healthcare does not endorse the content, or any products or services available, on such sites. Nonetheless, Molina Healthcare seeks to protect the integrity of its website and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only this site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
Not a Substitute for Professional Health Care or Advice
The information contained in this site is general in nature and is intended for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for the advice of health care professionals. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Actions
Except as described otherwise, all materials in the Molina Healthcare sites are made available only to provide information about Molina Healthcare. Molina Healthcare controls and operates this site from its headquarters in Long Beach, California, USA, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
The provisions of these Terms & Conditions of Use entitled “Disclaimer – Warranty,” “Indemnification,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Dispute Resolution,” “Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Actions, “Jurisdiction” and “General Provisions” will survive the termination of this agreement.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, OR USING ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OPERATED BY MOLINA HEALTHCARE, INC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR ITS AFFILIATES, THE USER INDICATES ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREES TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM:
1. Molina Healthcare, Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates (hereinafter “Molina Healthcare”) does not validate third party information posted on Molina Healthcare’s pages on social media sites. Any comments, statements, or opinions on those pages are not endorsed by Molina Healthcare, and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of Molina Healthcare. The information, materials and services on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages are provided to the user “as is,” without any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. Molina Healthcare makes no representation or warranties as to any material or information posted on any Molina Healthcare social media pages or that the user’s use of content posted on or material otherwise made available through Molina Healthcare’s social media pages will not infringe the rights of third parties.
2. Users shall not post materials to any of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages that are unlawful, proprietary, fraudulent, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, or infringing on the rights of any third-party, including intellectual property, privacy/confidentiality, or publicity rights. Molina Healthcare does not permit any of these practices, and reserves the right to immediately remove credit any content within its sole discretion.
3. By submitting content on or through Molina Healthcare’s social media pages the user grants Molina Healthcare an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media. The user further agrees that Molina Healthcare is free to use any ideas, concepts, and knowledge that the user provides to Molina Healthcare on the social media site. The user also grants Molina Healthcare the right to use the name submitted by the user in connection with such material. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to alter the content on its social media sites at any time, but has no obligation to update any information on its social media sites. Molina Healthcare has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
4. The materials posted to Molina Healthcare’s social media pages are not advice. By making the content on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages available to the user, Molina Healthcare is not engaged in rendering any legal, medical, or other professional advice.
5. Users shall not post any personal or private health information, such as policy numbers, claim numbers, phone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, or any unique identifying information on a Molina Healthcare social media page. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to remove any social media posts that contain such information.
6. Users shall not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Users shall not post advertisements or solicitations of business. Any postings of this nature on Molina Healthcare social media pages may be removed.
7. Content on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, images, videos, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by Molina Healthcare is the property of and owned by Molina Healthcare, our licensors, or third party content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Any other use of content on the site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the site, or use of the site for purposes competitive to Molina Healthcare, is expressly prohibited.
8. Molina Healthcare’s social media pages may contain links to other web sites, some of which are operated by Molina Healthcare and others which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to the user and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. Molina Healthcare has not necessarily reviewed all the information on these other web sites and is not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other web sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked web sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to the user’s use of any linked web sites.
9. Molina Healthcare reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using Molina Healthcare’s social media pages for any reason whatsoever.
10. Users are ultimately responsible for the content posted on Molina Healthcare’s social media pages, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. Molina Healthcare is not liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the user’s use of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages. Additionally, the user agrees to defend and indemnify Molina Healthcare and each of our respective officers, agents, directors, shareholders, partners, licensors, service providers, and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, issued by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Molina Healthcare’s social media pages arising from a breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions by the user (including, without limitation, any breach of the user’s representations and warranties set forth herein).
Molina Healthcare does not give medical advice via its social media sites. If you are seeking medical advice, please contact a doctor’s office or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
Effective March 20, 2020