MIAMI, Fla. February 14, 2022 – The MolinaCares Accord (“MolinaCares”) together with Molina Healthcare of Florida (“Molina”) donated over $200,000 to community-based organizations locally in 2021 to address issues with food security, housing, employment, behavioral health and access to education.
“We’re committed to supporting community programs that reduce health disparities and make a tangible difference in the lives of people throughout Florida,” said Mike Jones, plan president of Molina Healthcare of Florida.
Donations to Florida organizations included:
- The Camillus House has been a longtime partner with Molina. Donating nearly $20,000 throughout 2021, Molina backed strategies to combat food and housing disparities for more than 12,000 people in south Florida, including those using the day center. In addition to offering hygiene and other essentials, Camillus House also offers the only shower program for women experiencing homeless in Miami-Dade County.
- The Federation of Families of Central Florida provides support, advocacy and education to children and youth with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs and their families. MolinaCares’ $15,000 donation funded access to youth behavioral health services, helping to remove a potentially significant barrier to academic success.
- The Clara White Mission works to eliminate hunger and homelessness in north Florida. MolinaCares’ grant helped support the mission’s soup kitchen and housing efforts, in addition to job training for those in need of marketable skills to re-enter the workforce.
“MolinaCares came through in a big way to help the most vulnerable among us during the pandemic—our homeless neighbors,” said Hilda Fernandez, chief executive officer of Camillus House. “We are grateful for their partnership in meeting the needs of our community.”
Other organizations receiving grants included:
- Farm Share
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Salvation Army
- Showered to Empower
- The Hispanic Coalition
- The Haitian American Coalition of Southwest Florida
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Pinellas County
About The MolinaCares Accord
Established by Molina Healthcare, Inc., The MolinaCares Accord oversees a community investment platform created to improve the health and well-being of disadvantaged populations by funding meaningful, measurable, and innovative programs and solutions that improve health, life, and living in local communities. The MolinaCares Accord funds such measures through The Molina Healthcare Charitable Foundation Inc., a 501(c)(3) established in 2020 by Molina Healthcare, Inc.
About Molina Healthcare of Florida
Molina Healthcare of Florida has been providing government-funded, quality health care since 2008. The Company serves members through Medicaid, Medicare and Health Insurance Exchange programs throughout Florida. Through its locally operated health plans, Molina Healthcare, Inc., a FORTUNE 500 company, served approximately 5.2 million members as of December 31, 2021. For more information about Molina Healthcare of Florida, visit MolinaHealthcare.com.
# # #